My long day

I don't wake up to my alarm; I wake up to the TV, one of my very sensitive room mates blares it on like he is stone deaf. Mumbling filth I wait because this guy who has to leave after 3 hours is using the washroom.

My pressed white shirt's gone, courtesy my another friend, I dust up some old shi(r)t. My shoes are missing because another one of my roomies uses it, but he is not mean, he only uses it on Fridays.

Nobody stays before the stop line at the traffic signal, women don't wear helmet but they sport gloves protecting their skin, precious. Some Greek period bike is always smoking in front me and the car exactly behind me has the loudest horn and the moron keeps using it. Just as the lights turn green, some retard invariably walks across, still talking on his/her mobile phone.

My bike begins to chuck-chuck very soon but there is a petrol station around. I stick on to end of the four bike long queue; an old man leap frogs us to the beginning of the queue, wow. The guy who fills air keeps spitting all around him even as he goes around the car in front of me, I don't fill air. He is better, because there are guys who stick their heads out of moving vehicles to spit.

At least one dumb guy is crossing the road looking exactly away from the one way road; my horn doesn't turn him an inch. At the peak hours, at least one vehicle has an 'L' board on it and he/she drives just like it’s his/her first time.

I get no help at work but there is always help inside the conference hall and only when someone is questioning my approach. I take half an hour off work to service my friend's mobile, and the girl at the service center spends 10 minutes on her mobile before she entertains me, still on her phone.

At lunch, people jump queues at the hand wash, precious few seconds I guess. The guy exactly in front of me licks his hand clean to finish his lunch. A little away from the hotel, men stand peeing; I guess that happens with every first wall they come across when they have to pee.

At the ATM on the way there is a small queue, there are two people inside beside a placard that requests people to use ATMs alone, this guy is actually teaching her to use the ATM, while 5 of us wait outside.

The next in the queue are these two girls who start to open their hand bags inside the ATM, after a minute of frantic searching one of them finds her card, she double checks her balance before withdrawing money and neatly placing it inside her bag, she takes her time to keep the card back in to her bag and has a look at the mirror inside the bag; the process exactly repeats with the other girl. And that is the longest sentence I have ever written.

I am back to work and luckily nothing eventual happens before I leave. Its dark and almost all vehicles in front of me are using their lights on high beam, isn’t that one of the lessons at the driving school, I don't know because I did little for my driving license. There is at least one unmanned junction that has four cars perpendicular to each other and honking bringing to halt traffic from all four directions.

By the time I reach my house, there are not many hotels open and I eat at a place and pay a bill my father would probably call 'audacious'.

I somehow manage to finish my long day and get to bed only to find my friend beside me snoring!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess u are a wonderful observer .....

Anonymous said...

:( not to my expectation... still I love this one.... :}

-J