A new year

Of all the last eight New Year celebrations, 2009 was probably my most sober. I drank a lot lesser than all the last eight New Year eves. I did not dance high, did not hit a pub and I smoked even less.

May be having to work the next day was probably one reason, just one reason.

May be I think I should not have seen that man who counted eight 10 rupee bills very carefully to get the cake his two beautiful daughters wanted and just as I threw half a piece of cake away. May be I should not have noticed he was barefooted.

May be that guy in tatters, eating from a trashcan in front of the bakery told me something.

May be not one of my good friends planning the evening with me had something to do with it.

May be wanting to sound less inebriated to my lovely sister I haven't seen in over a year had it stakes.

May be to be engaged and to lie about my drinking every time has had its effect.

May be I should have not read about that binge-drinking-leads-to-brain-damage article just a few days before.

or May be the stupid thought of 'if I don't do it today I don’t do it the whole year' passed by my head too.

Whatever the heck it was, I feel good today..
-01.01.2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy to know that u drank a lot lesser and hope that continues whatever the reason may be and ..have a great year ahead dear,....god bless

cameo said...

may be..it was too late that you realised the tasmac is closed..
-sur